At the Congregational Church, we have Christian Education for all ages and stages.
- We have Sunday school during part of the church service for K-8.
- We have nursery care for the youngest.
- We have confirmation classes for kids in high school.
- We have a program called Deacons in Training for high school age kids to play a role in the weekly service.
- For grown ups we have a frequent study series that often revolve around scripture, or a book or even a movie. These usually happen in the evenings.
Kids are always welcome. On a typical Sunday, they come to the first part of the service with their families. They’ll be part of the congregation for the first 10-20 minutes of service, depending on what’s going on that day. Then there’s a rather wonderful children’s time lead by the ministers. In a short skit or talk the minister gives some practical instruction to the young. After that, most kids leave the sanctuary for church school, though they are always welcome to stay in the santuary with their parents for the rest of the service. Church school continues to the end of service, and the kids are generally reunited with their parents during our time for fellowship (a.k.a. Coffee Hour).
We have an active, fun church school, where we focus on encouraging our children to become thoughtful, compassionate Christians.